nav bar

Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Communication is Key

Yesterday afternoon I randomly thought about Domino's thin crust pizza and then I was set on having pizza for dinner. I texted Will and asked him if he was ok with my dinner selection and, of course, he was totally fine with pizza night. I asked him if he would pick it up and he said he would. He gets off work at 4:00 and I get off at 5:00. He then has a class at 6:00 so I wanted to be sure we would have time to eat before he left.

After he told me that he would pick up the pizza his phone died. Great. So now I didn't know the plans. I had planned to order it online and have him just pick it up on his way home from work. It's obvious now that my texts to him before his phone died weren't clear that I was doing that.

I ordered a large half pepperoni, half sausage pizza online and decided I would just pick it up after work since I had no idea where he was. (What did we do before cell phones?!) I was almost to Domino's when he finally called me (with a charged phone) and let me know he had already ordered and picked up pizza! Major OOPS moment!


So there we were at home with 3 large pizzas (yes, Will thought the two of us would eat 2 larges for some reason!) and very full stomachs. This one was all on me, I know! Guess what we're having for dinner tonight?!

Have you ever had something like this happen?

post signature

11 comments:

crazyperfectlife said...

Sounds like a typical life! Lol at least you have a lot of leftovers!

Lindsay said...

Haha, at least you have a lot of leftovers! There was one day when I didn't want to cook and picked up Chipotle, and then Aaron came home from work with Chipotle because he figured I wouldn't want to cook. Haha. Chipotle for days!

Alyssa said...

haha this is such a cute story :) and really, how did anyone do anything without cell phones!!!

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Lol that's hilarius! I think about that all the time with cell phones. Thank goodness it was when I was still a little kid so I guess I didn't need one back then, but my poor parents...and no cell phones...lol. = )

Ashley said...

Haha that is funny!! Did you at least order the same kind?

Anonymous said...

And now I'm hungry...

SH said...

Haha I have no idea what people did before cell phones! Enjoy the leftovers :)

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Rach said...

Oh goodness, I know what you mean! What did we do before cellphones?! I remember wondering what people did before cellphones on our wedding weekend when I was on the phone all the time. Now I wonder how I managed to plan a wedding without the help of Pinterest. ;)

Melissa Jo said...

too cute! glad he picked up the pizza for you though. Im guilty of eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner so I'd think I'd be able to put a dent in it.

I remember when I was very young and my mom would run errands and my call my dad from the pay phone to check on him being at home with me and my sisters.. a pay phone?? what is that!!! haha

Kristin said...

OMG! but looks delish!

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...