nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, July 25, 2013

29 weeks


How far along are you?
29 weeks!

How big is Baby?
He's the size of an acorn squash - He has increased energy due to white fat cells depositing under his skin - His weight will triple in the next 11 weeks! - He weighs anywhere between 2.5-3.8 lbs

Weight Gain?
As of yesterday's appointment, I am up 24 lbs. I know I shouldn't be concerned about my weight but it just keeps rising and I don't like it! As long as Crew is growing and getting all the nutrients he needs, that's all that matters. I just need to quit looking at the scale.

 Gender?
a sweet little boy...confirmed at the ultrasound yesterday! Whew!

Maternity Clothes?
Yes and I officially outgrew my first maternity shirt. It just got too short and I needed more fabric to cover the belly!

Stretch Marks?
Not on my belly

 Sleep?
Sleep has been getting harder and harder...again. I just can never get comfortable. I'm tired of lying on my sides and just want to sleep flat on my back or on my stomach.

Symptoms?
Low back pain, sore hips and shoulders from sleeping, restless legs, started to get tired again like the first trimester, headaches

Movement?
All the time! Will and I have enjoyed watching my belly move all around the past few nights.

Food Cravings/Aversions?
Still wanting sweets a lot...cookies, cake, candy, ice cream

Labor Signs?
No

Belly Button in or out?
Flat

What I miss?
Sleeping how I want

What I am looking forward to?
Really getting things going on the nursery

Best moment of the week?
Our "28" week appointment yesterday. It was supposed to be last week, but since Will was in China and we were getting a 3D ultrasound, I postponed it a week. My mom and Will's mom were also able to come to the ultrasound. I had my glucose test and am still waiting on the results. The drink wasn't too terrible, but I was definitely ready to be done with it once I was getting to the bottom of the bottle. I was feeling fine/normal for a while until we got to the doctor's office and started feeling nauseated. Then when I was getting the ultrasound I got super lightheaded/hot and had to sit up for a few minutes. I just knew I was about to pass out. (I've already got blood sugar issues so I know what that "about to faint feeling" feels like!) Luckily, it passed and I was able to stay conscious the entire time! Ha.
Crew is measuring right on time and is already head-down. I couldn't believe he's already "in position." I guess I thought it would be a few more weeks before anything happened. The doctor said he'll stay that way until he's born so I was relieved. His legs are all curled up under my left ribs. He had his arms covering his face the entire time so we weren't able to see too much during the 3D ultrasound. We did see some chubby cheeks which I LOVE! The sonographer tried for so long to move him around so we could see his face but he wasn't budging. He was snoozing and so comfy. We finally gave up once I had to keep sitting up from feeling sick. His heart rate was 148 bpm.

Daddy’s feeling?
"So excited we got to see Crew on the 3D ultrasound yesterday! Grateful for a healthy baby and a healthy momma!"

Check out weeks 12-28 bumpdates!
post signature

3 comments:

Pamela said...

3D ultrasounds are the sweetest!!

Sarah said...

I"m feeling so much of what you are. I was surprised to hear that our baby is head down, too. I thought it would be a while. Now I know that the body parts I'm feeling up top are legs and a bum! You look great!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Elliott did the same thing at our 3D lol he wanted to make a grand entrance for sure. Isn't that wild he's already in position?! D- day is coming quickly :) you look great friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...