nav bar

Image Map

Sunday, October 20, 2013

crew | two weeks


I'm obviously a little late in posting this as Crew's two week birthday was last Thursday. I never imagined how difficult it would be to find time to blog with a newborn. If Crew's awake, I'm either nursing him or entertaining him and if he's asleep, then I'm trying to get some shut-eye too! I'm sure we'll get things balanced out soon enough.

I think Remi was asking for some attention, what do you think?
  
Crew is growing faster than I would like! I can't believe it's already been two (and a half) weeks since we welcomed him into our family. I'm sure I'll be saying that as each week goes by.

Crew's cord fell off on day 11 so he had his first real bath this past week and didn't seem to mind it at all. I wasn't sure how he would react to it, but he's so easy-going and it went great. I think we kept our nose attached to him for the next day because he smelled so good!

Crew loves his sleeper and new swing/glider, being swaddled, cuddling, eating, making sweet noises when he sleeps
He doesn't like changing clothes or having his diaper changed

We went to his two-week check up and he did great! The doctor said the goal was for him to be back to his birth weight and he was! He weighs 9lbs 12oz and is now 21 1/4 inches long. I was glad to hear that he was getting enough from breastfeeding.



We are still breastfeeding. I feel better about than I did at this time last week. I'm still a little sore, but I also started pumping this week and that makes it easier when Will can give Crew a bottle one or two times a day. (I'll post about his first bottle later!)

Crew slept better in his first week than he did in the second. At night he has been going about two hours in between feedings (start to start). And when I nurse him for 45-an hour, it makes the time to sleep even shorter. We think he has his days and nights mixed up. He'll wake up around 4am and then be wide awake after eating. He manages to stay awake for hours and hours, though I'm not sure how! Somedays he won't go back to sleep until after 7 or 8. It was almost 10 one day this week! I didn't even think it was possible for a newborn to stay awake that long! During the day I try and wake him up every three hours, but like I said before, he's SO easy-going that not much bothers him which means it's hard to get him to wake up!

Our first week without Will was a little rough, mainly because of those early morning hours that Crew's awake. Will is still great about helping throughout the night, but I try not to wake him up too much after 4am, since he gets up around 6 to start getting ready for work. My mom came over on her 2 days off last week to watch Crew while I got some much-needed rest. My dad also came by one afternoon so I could nap. The word exhaustion has a whole new meaning with a newborn in our lives now, but every little thing is so worth it for our precious baby boy!

Tired of Mommy's kisses already?!

We have been getting meals every other night for two weeks from the couples in our small group. (Thank you, Amanda, for organizing it!) It has been such a blessing to not have to worry about what's for dinner. We are so grateful for our friends and family!

Crew has still been having frequent visitors. He is so loved!

I still am planning on sharing Crew's birth story, birth photos and nursery reveal. It will be posted sooner rather than later hopefully!
post signature

4 comments:

Tara said...

Crew is so sweet! Hang in there- the newborn days can be so rough. My baby seemed to avoid naps for months but I promise you, it does get better and you will get sleep again! :)

Lindsay said...

He is so sweet! I can't believe he's two weeks old already. Ethan was (and still is) a rough sleeper, and comparing his sleep habits to everyone else's baby was making me crazy for a while. His pediatrician told me some kids are just "low sleep needs" and that was Ethan (lucky me! Hahaha) but now we're finally starting to adjust a little. I'm sure Crew will figure it all out eventually too!

Megan C said...

It goes by fast doesn't it?! Seth will be a month next week! We had the same issue during the nights and it was exhausting but once we really concentrated on an eat, wake, sleep pattern and making sure he was get full feedings, it helped tremendously. I read a really good blog that helped with this. We also started a bedtime routine of bath, feed, then swaddle and down for the night which also helped. I think it helps him to have a cue that it's bedtime. Good luck, it really does get better.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness...he is so sweet and precious and adorable! I can't even deal!! Congratulations and enjoy every single second. This is making me so excited for my little one to arrive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...