nav bar

Image Map

Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Recap


I hope everyone had a great weekend! We sure did!

Friday:

After work Friday, I was greeted at the front door by this sweet face. Then we went to dinner with my family (minus my youngest bro, Colin). I love spending time with them!


Cody, me and Will
Saturday:

We slept in! It was great! I can't remember the last time I slept until 10! It was some much-needed beauty rest! Once we finally got up and going, we took Remi to the vet to get his yearly vaccines and ran some errands.
We went to Target--a dangerous place to go when you don't want to spend a lot of money. I could spend hours in there. We did treat ourselves to some goodies though. I got some new shoes and a scarf and Will got 2 shirts.



I was pretty excited about this find. I had seen the ones below on Pinterest and I'll just say those were out of my price range. The pair I bought from Target were only $20! The pair below is around $150 from Saks Fifth Avenue. Oh yeah! 


When we got home Saturday evening from running errands, poor little Remi wasn't feeling well. I think he had a reaction to the shots he had gotten that day. There was a huge lump at the injection site and he hurt to walk and wouldn't quit shaking. It was so sad! Luckily he slept it off and was back to his normal, crazy self by Sunday!



Sunday:

Sunday was "Faith in Action" day at our church. Instead of having a service, everyone split into 4 groups to do different community service projects for Downtown Memphis. There was a trash pick-up group, feeding the homeless group, Mud Island group, and Glenmary Retirement home group. Will & I went to the Glenmary because he was asked to speak/preach for their Sunday service. It was a lot of fun! The residents there are so great and love to have guests.

Robby and Zach led in worship







My two boys 
This pic made me laugh 


Our small group usually meets on Sunday nights, but since it was "Faith in Action" Sunday, we didn't meet. We did however go to a different church to show some support to Sarah, a very talented artist in our small group who's art and creativity was being featured at this church. She did an amazing job!

Sarah finished a huge 8x4 painting during the service


Sarah started doing "Co-Creations" with groups. It's such a neat idea and was so cool to see how  each painting turns out with everyone working on it together!


Barrett and Michelle channeling their inner creativity


Some of Sarah's co-creations
After this we went back to Barrett and Michelle's to carve a pumpkin for Wednesday night's Fall Fest contest. I will show the finished product later this week. We had a blast Sunday night with B & M!





Have a great week!

post signature

4 comments:

Noelle said...

okay i LOVE those shoes. I would run down to my Target now if they weren't closed haha. best store ever. is that scarf you're wearing from Target too?

It looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Amy Powell said...

very cute new shoes! love them :)

Courtney Kassner said...

I basically went on a hunt to every Target in town once the first one didn't have my size. They have some gold glittery ones in the same style that are super cute too! And yes, that scarf is from Target!

Courtney Kassner said...

Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...