nav bar

Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Two Pink Lines

We found out we were pregnant on Friday, February 1st. Prior to that day I had taken 5 pregnancy tests that were all false negatives. Crazy, huh!? But somehow I just knew I was preggo and I kept telling Will that too. 

I had called the doctor during the end of January to try and find out what was going on. They told me to wait a few more weeks and if I still didn't get a positive pregnancy test, then to call and make an appointment to figure out what the issue was. So I waited a week and a half...I got up that Friday morning and decided that since I had one test left I would just go ahead and take it before calling the doctor. Will was in the kitchen making some breakfast.

The test was an instant positive.

My heart stopped. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I think I stood in the bathroom for a few minutes just in complete shock before going out to tell Will. (Originally, I had planned on telling him he was going to be a dad in some really cute Pinterest fashion, but let's face it, there's no way I was walking out of that bathroom and NOT saying anything!)

I finally came out of the bathroom and walked straight to the kitchen and Will knew what the test read before I even said anything. He could tell from the shocked look on my face I guess! We just started hugging and I cried a little. We were both so excited. I think we sat down on the kitchen floor together just trying to soak in the news that we had just received!

After all of this excitement I had to go to work. It was probably the worst work-day ever! I mean, I had just found out the most exciting news and couldn't tell anyone yet and had to work! My mind was scatterbrained all day. In retrospect, I probably should have waited until Saturday to take that test!

Next we had to figure out how we were going to tell our families!
post signature
P.S. If you missed our pregnancy announcement, check it out here!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss that feeling. I def. teared up when I read this. SO sweet!!

PMerr said...

Yeah, it was definitely hard going to work the day I found out. I tested in the morning, so I had to find a place at work that was private to call the doctor to make my appointments. Such a great feeling though!

Jen said...

That must be the coolest and most exciting feeling ever!! and so so hard to not tell anyone :)

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

Congratulations!

crazyperfectlife said...

Congrats!! Your post so so cute! This will be such an exciting time!

Easy Crafts for Kids said...

Hey... Just popping over and following on GFC from Aloha Friday Hop. I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime and if you like follow too. :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

xoxo,
Melissa
thisgirlslifeblog.com

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Aww this made me tear up (preggo hormones!), I did the same thing...planned to tell my hubs in a cute way but I couldn't keep it a secret.

Kayla Peveler said...

SO exciting!!! :)

Lindsay said...

The same thing happened to me, I took about 3-4 tests the day before my positive test that were all negative! then the next day was a strong POSITIVE! So strange how that happens! And, yay, you found out on my birthday! Haha.

So exciting!

Amy said...

That's so awesome! Congrats to y'all!

I don't know if you've received the Liebster Award before, but either way, you've received it from me today. Feel free to ignore this if you've already been nominated. Have a great weekend!

http://www.notyouraveragecrazy.com/2013/03/awards-and-giveaways.html

Danielle said...

Congrats!! What a blessing for you both. Can't wait to hear all about the journey.

TLF said...

Awww.. congratulations!

Elle Sees said...

ooh i can't even imagine the excitement! Found and following via the hop!

Laura Darling said...

Congratuations!! So so happy for you! :)

Amanda Schroeder said...

I am so excited for you. Congratulations. That is so amazing!

Rach said...

Aww, so sweet! I love how you just KNEW that you were pregnant. :)

Whitney said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog congratulating me... now my turn to say a big CONGRATS to you! That's fun we're both expecting one day apart! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't wait until the end of my first trimester to announce the news :)

Kristin said...

Yay!! so exciting!!

Amy Charming said...

That is so beautiful! I love this story! I have an ideal way of telling my husband whenever this happens... but I've learned many times, you can't plan things. ;) xo

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...