nav bar

Image Map

Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Recap - Friends + Photography

Hi, friends! I hope you had a great weekend! We sure did! 

Early Saturday morning we met up with our good friends and photographer, Kelly & John. You may remember last Fall when I posted the colored powder photos that Kelly did for us. She was sweet enough to meet us for some anniversary pictures in Midtown Memphis. The photo below is our "sneak peak" so I cannot wait to see all of them! Kelly will also be taking our maternity and newborn pictures this Fall and I'm so excited! Seriously, if you are ANYWHERE near the Memphis area, call Kelly! (She travels too!) Her and her hubby, John, are THE BEST. I could go on and on about how great they are! Even if you think you don't have a "reason" for professional photos right now, call her anyway. Though these were for our anniversary, our colored powder photos were just for FUN!

Since it was still pretty early after our pictures with Kelly and John, we decided to go to South Main for breakfast at Arcade. It was our first time eating there and it was delicious! I'm not even a big breakfast person and I even loved it. I got the plain pancakes and Will ordered the sweet potato pancakes and loved them too.


The pictures above are from some point this weekend when I was getting barked at for not sharing my lunch with our bratty Remi! He's so spoiled!


Saturday night we had some friends over for a bonfire and grilling out. We hadn't seen a lot of these friends in a while so it was great to hang out and just laugh!

On Sunday, I wasn't feeling very well so we stayed home from church. I think I literally stayed in bed all day and watched movies. Will hates "lazy days" and would much rather be out doing something, but I can always count on my sweet Ginger to snuggle with me all day! (And most of the time Remi too!)

Sunday night was probably the most eventful part of our weekend. I had my first major bout of pregnancy hormones kick in. Will had never seen A Walk to Remember...so we watched it. And about half way through (ya know, when it gets to the sad parts), I just started bawling. It wasn't quiet tears that usually come with sad movies, it was loud crying. Will was laughing at me, the dogs were staring and I just kept saying, "I don't know why I'm crying! I don't know why I'm crying..." Oh, it was a mess. My face was all red and I had swollen eyes from crying so much. It's funny now when I think about it. I can only imagine what the rest of the pregnancy will be like!

P.S.- the first time my pregnancy hormones got to me was a few weeks ago when I started crying during a Subaru commercial. Subaru!! It definitely wasn't as major as last night, but it was still so weird. (I think it was the faces the little girl makes during the commercial that made me teary!)

post signature

9 comments:

The Sequined Spaniel said...

I almost always cry at the Subaru commercial with the chocolate lab. :(

Rach said...

Aww, I hadn't seen that commercial yet! It definitely made me tear up. So cute. And hey, where in midtown is that wall? We don't spend a lot of time in Midtown, but that giant painted wall is amazing!

Ashley said...

Love the pics of Remi!!! Soo stinkin' cute!!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

The painted wall looks amazing! I saw you at the Aloha Friday blog hop and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. I look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)

Katie said...

pregnancy hormones are so weird - i have had a few times where I couldn't stop crying over the stupiest things!

Melissa Jo said...

That commercial is so cute!!! Your Remi is SO handsome, fur babies are the best!

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Where is the photo taken at?

Adrienne @ The Art of Being Black and White said...

Absolutely love the dog pics! Mine does the same thing when I'm not sharing a piece of every bite! Major diva! Sweet potato pancakes sounds pretty darn good!!
Hope you're having a Good Friday!
Adrienne
Http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...