nav bar

Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

33 weeks

Granted, I'm closer to 34 weeks now, but better late than never, right?!

How far along are you?
33 weeks...SO ready for Crew to be here.

How big is Baby?
He's the size of a durian fruit (whatever that is) - He could grow up to an inch this week alone! - His brain is still growing and he's practicing sucking and swallowing - He's started keeping his eyes open when he's awake - He's gaining a 1/2 lb. a week now

Weight Gain?
27 lbs - I've lost a pound since last week. Woo!

 Gender?
a boy! Crew William Kassner

Maternity Clothes?
Of course

Stretch Marks?
none on the belly

 Sleep?
I can't go to sleep unless I take a hot shower before bed so my calf muscles will relax. Otherwise, my restless legs take over and make me crazy! I've been so tired lately and it's just getting harder and harder to sleep thru the night AND it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

Symptoms?
It's been a rough week. I had an unplanned doctor's visit Wednesday because of pain that I was having. Basically, I told Will that it felt like my pubic bone was breaking. I'm up and down a lot at work and walking just seemed impossible. The pain had been building since Sunday or Monday. I wasn't sure if this was "normal" or not so I called to talk to my doc. They told me to come in just so he could check me and be sure everything was ok. I felt ridiculous when he explained to me that what I was feeling was normal. He said that as my body is preparing for delivery the pubic bones are separating and ligaments are stretching. He also said that Crew was positioned on some nerves and that was causing pain too. He checked to see if I was dilated at all and luckily I'm not yet, but he said Crew's head was "already pretty far down." According to the doc, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll come early so we'll see! Hopefully this pain goes away soon!

Other symptoms this week have been: acne made a comeback and my ankles were swollen for the first time for two days this week. 

Movement?
Interesting fact: I read that the amniotic fluid level has maxed out which is why his movements/jabs/kicks seem sharper...There's less "cushion" to soften his karate kicks! I told Will that Crew has been awfully pushy this week. I'm sure he's running out of room and just trying to stretch out!

Food Cravings/Aversions?
Nothing

Labor Signs?
not yet

Belly Button in or out?
half and half :)

What I miss?
Just being able to move around/get up and down easily

What I am looking forward to?
Baby shower #2 this Sunday
Babymoon next weekend!
CREW being born!

Best moment of the week?
Maternity photos were on Monday - can't wait to see them!
We got the crib mattress this week and will also be getting our glider/ottoman delivered too

Daddy’s feeling?
"Well I'm predicting that Crew will be 7lbs. 12 oz. (Just wanted to throw that out there)! Everything is starting to sink in around here; pretty soon Courtney and I will be parents! I can't wait for Crew to be here with his little smile and happy face. He's going to be awesome!"

I'm feeling?
Worn out, tired, achy, anxious, nervous....
BUT also so, so excited to have a son

6 comments:

J and A said...

i'm sorry you had a rough week, glad everything is ok with him though and hopefully the pain lessens for you. Babymoon coming up!! So exited for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try the hot shower before bed thing. We have almost identical symptoms. I have been in a lot of pain but apparently my doctor said it's "normal" too. I also was wondering why my child seems to be a lot "ruder" this week - she is constantly stabbing me with her limbs and body parts lol...

wallywaugh said...

Hey Courtney! Carter is doing the same thing to me and must be settling pretty far down as well.... That pain is NO JOKE! I feel it all day long but seems to be even worse when I try to flip from side to side while sleeping.
Hope yours settles down soon!

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

Always love reading your updates! I hear ya ~ it's SUPER hard for me to get out of bed to go to the bathroom these days. And I even have to get out of bed to change positions, can't even do that in bed anymore. My daughter was 2 weeks early so I never had to deal with this last minute anxiety or uncomfortableness like I am this time. You look great!!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

You look amazing!!! :)

Hannah said...

You look so pretty! Hope that pain goes away soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...