nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, April 4, 2013

13 weeks


How far along are you? 
13 weeks

How big is Baby? 
Baby K is as big as a peach this week. He/She now has vocal cords, teeth buds and fingerprints!

Weight Gain?  
Still haven't bought a scale. I've felt the same over the past few weeks though.

 Gender? 
We will find out in 3 1/2 weeks! I am SO excited and think about it all the time. Will has two brothers and I have two brothers, so I think it's time for a girl in the family!

Maternity Clothes? 
Not really. My mom has bought me several things from Ross, but I haven't worn them yet. My pants are still too tight to button. I've been wearing more flowy shirts because my "bump" looks more like a "pooch."

Stretch Marks? 
Not yet. Any recommendations for cream?

 Sleep? 
Sleep has been gradually getting worse. (Although, it's still not bad at all.) I wake up every night, without fail between 1:30-2:30 to go to the bathroom. Then my legs start feeling restless so I sit in bed and stretch them for a little while. Luckily, I haven't really had a problem getting back to sleep.

Symptoms?
I have headaches almost every day...usually onset by something at work. I know that I can take Tylenol, but I've been trying not to take anything at all. A glass of Coke usually helps! I've also been having some dizziness and feeling tired again over the past week. Oh, and I look like a teenager with all the breakouts I've been having!

Movement?  
Can't feel anything yet!

Food Cravings/Aversions? 
I don't think that I've literally craved anything, but there have been things that have just sounded really good. We had Easter lunch at my parents house on Sunday and as I was filling my plate, I came across the ham. Usually I hate ham. Ew. Gross. But for some reason, this ham just looked SO GOOD. And it was! I ate, ate and ate some ham. I've also had leftovers for lunch yesterday and today. I'll give a lot of the credit to my parents for making such a delicious glazed ham though!
No aversions lately...I've (obviously) been an eating machine. Baby K is hungry!

Labor Signs? 
No!

Belly Button in or out? 
Still in

What I miss?
Not being able to drink a Coke as much as I would like. I've been trying really hard to limit my caffeine intake. It's not like I drank gallons of Coke pre-pregnancy, but it was my go-to drink if I had a bad day. I can thank the women in my family for this habit. Bad day? Drink some Coke. Headache? Drink some Coke. Crying? Drink some Coke. Is this a Southern thing or does everyone do this? Or is it just something specific to my family?? Either way, I miss my Coke.

What I am looking forward to?  
Check-up next week - Hopefully get to hear Baby K's heartbeat again!
Planning our gender reveal party

Best moment of the week? 
Spending Easter with the family - getting baby clothes

I'm really late on posting this as the start to my 13 weeks was actually on Sunday. Better late than never!

12 weeks
post signature

9 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

My sister gave up all caffeine when she was preg and I thought a few times she would give in.. I can't even imagine how hard that must be! I fear I would suffer without my coke!

J and A said...

We are a lot alike! Sleep sucks, I am an eating machine, my face is breaking out like mad!!! Oh fun times! :) I try not to take tylenol for my headaches too but sometimes I just have to and it helps so much!!

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

Hello! I found your blog through "anchored by faith"! I am a new follower and just wanted to say congrats on the baby! I can't wait to follow along! Hope you are having a good week!

Lisa C said...

Coke and Dr. Pepper are cures for everything. Have you considered trying the low calorie or caffeine free options? Might help satisfy any cravings for it.

Victoria said...

My mom and grandmother say the same thing! So hilarious.. But a coke really does make you feel better! You look good, girl!

Katie said...

such a cute little tiny bump!! and so fun that you get to find out so soon!!

Lindsay said...

I don't drink alcohol, so I always say a Coke is my "I need to drink" drink, hahaha. Bad day? Coke. Stressed out? Coke. Special occasion and I'm ready to party? Coke. Hahaha. I missed it so badly when I was pregnant, too. I cut out all caffeine during pregnancy -- which was hard, because I drank a ton of coffee before pregnancy. It was a rough! But just think -- that first postpartum Coke will be worth it! Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute bump!!

Rach said...

Aww, love your tiny little baby bump! Excited to find out if it'll be a boy or a girl... three weeks is soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...