nav bar

Image Map

Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Recap - Disc Golf and Snakes

I should have known our weekend was going to be great when it started out with Chinese Sub Shop for Saturday lunch. If you live in Memphis and have never been here, then you are missing out! We hadn't been in so long so it was extra good!

We came home from lunch and Will cut the grass...our weed eater is broken so he suggested we use this. Don't worry, I didn't let him.

I don't know what's more concerning in this picture: Finding a robin's egg in the front yard or how dry Will's hands are! His response: Those are "man hands."

As usual, Remi kept watch over the neighborhood.

Ginger and I relaxed in the sunshine while Will cut the grass.

Saturday afternoon we went out to The Grove with some friends to play (my first and probably last round of) disc golf. I was terrible...and by about hole 9 or 10, I was over it. I don't know if being pregnant made me so tired or if I'm just out of shape! It was a lot of walking! But, the guys were enjoying it so we finished the course. I went from being Will's teammate to his caddy because my arm had gotten so tired from throwing!

Hole 16: Trying to recover a frisbee and came across Mr. Snake. I'm outta here. (and no, I was NOT the one taking this picture!)

We got done with disc golf, went home and got cleaned up and then walked over to High Point Pizza for some dinner. HPP is probably my favorite pizza place in Memphis. (If we had a California Pizza Kitchen here that would be a different story though.)

After church on Sunday we went to our friends Mark and Morgan's new house to grill out some lunch. Mark and Will think they came up with the greatest way to grill corn. I won't share their secret.


 This picture cracks me up. Ginger is not going to be too happy when Baby K arrives!

We went to small group last night and ended the night with friends at the Happy Mexican. I was (and still am) so exhausted from all our weekend festivities, but I'm so glad we had such beautiful weather and friends to spend it with. Now if I could just get in a mid-morning nap that would be great!

I'll end with another story about crazy crying pregnancy hormones:
Last night we got in bed to finish watching Argo. I was cold so I cuddled up next to Will and in the process accidentally scratched him. He yelled "Ouch!" and I just started boo-hooing. I could not stop crying!! I kept apologizing for scratching him and continued to cry for about 5 minutes. It wasn't quiet sobbing either. Poor, poor Will. He finally got me calmed down and we finished watching the movie like nothing ever happened. Good grief.

post signature

7 comments:

Laura B @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels said...

Those subs look so good and I've still never eaten there. Ill have to add it to our list. ; )

Jennifer Lynn said...

Ugh that snake pic creeps me out!!

Rachel @ front row seat said...

I've never been to Chinese Sub Shop, but I've heard so many good things. What do you guys order? It looks delish!
The pic of your dog staring at your belly is cracking me up! I'm worried about jealousy issues with my dog whenever we decide to have a baby. They're our kids too, right? haha

Parker said...

I want to know too, what's your order at Chinese Sub Shop? Seven years in Memphis and we've never been!

The Sequined Spaniel said...

Ummm of course everyone goes out for Mexican the night we're not there. :( See, aren't you glad you went?!

Victoria said...

I just got way too excited when you put that picture up of the subs. That is my all time favorite place to eat in Memphis. Mom and me go out of our way to get there every time. No one has ever heard of it! Can't wait to visit home in a month!:)

Rach said...

Can you believe we've never been to the Chinese Sub Shop?! It's on our list, but we just haven't made it there yet. I heard it's moving to a bigger location sometime soon (or already has?). Anyway, I'm excited to try it out whenever we get to it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...