nav bar

Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Phillies


When I first saw this recipe here, I knew we had to try it. I love chicken phillies, but I love easy crockpot recipes even more. It also calls for Dale's, which I was excited about. My family loves this seasoning.

Ingredients:
-boneless chicken breasts
-sweet onion
-two bell peppers
-Dale's seasoning

I decided to cut up the chicken first so it could marinate while I chopped the onions and peppers.

Spray the crockpot with Pam and add some butter.

Add onions.

Add peppers.

Add marinated chicken and that's it!

I stirred it up once it started simmering to make sure all the chicken got cooked.

Will chopped up the chicken and we let it sit for a while longer to really soak up the juices.

And serve!
Will didn't like my choice of bread so he ate his on regular wheat sandwich bread. If you read his last recipe, you know he loves wheat bread AND sandwiches.

Overall, I give this recipe a 7 out of 10. If you're familiar with Lenny's Subs, it tasted a lot like their chicken philly sandwich. I think I used too much Dale's because I poured in the remaining seasoning from the bowl where the chicken was marinating. Next time, I'll just put the chicken in the crockpot without the extra marinade!

This recipe was so easy and will probably be on our monthly rotation list!

post signature

3 comments:

Rach said...

It sure looks yummy! I'm a fan of anything in the crock pot, haha!

Melissa Jo said...

AH- MAZ - ING! Looks sooo easy and yummy

Courtney B said...

Pinned this! Can't wait to try it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...