nav bar

Image Map

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe: Will's World's Greatest Sandwich


I think I need to preface this post before we dive right in. This is Will's recipe. He is always telling people that he makes THE world's greatest sandwich. If you come to our house, chances are he'll make you your very own "world's greatest sandwich." (That's its official name now apparently.) Last week I was kind of joking with him and said, "Hey, you should do a blog post on your world's greatest sandwich." He responded with, "I know. I've already been thinking about it." And here we are. Since we both had a half day last Friday, we met at home for lunch. I told Will to make his sandwich and I would take pictures and write the blog post. You know what he said to me?? "Well, I want to write it because I would be funny." SO, I was just the photographer in this post. Will positioned all his ingredients and food exactly how he wanted it for pictures. I will say though, he does keep me laughing every single day. Take it away, Will!

Once upon a time there was a delicious sandwich. As the years went by that delicious sandwich was forgotten, diluted by things like mustard, pickles, or even (dare I mention it) the absence of cheese. I spent the first 24 years of my life searching for this lost sandwich, feeling nothing but emptiness inside. I sought toasted bread and exotic cheeses, but in the end there was always something missing. After years of travels (coming home for lunch), I finally stumbled upon the age-old sandwich of greatness. A perfect blend of flavor that leaves your belly completely satisfied, I feel it is my duty to share this sandwich with the world.
Go forth my friends, and taste the goodness!

Le Recipe.

 1. Get some bread. Wheat bread works best...white bread tends to get stuck in your teeth.

2. Put some cheese on the bread. This is a crucial point in the process. Don’t get stingy and go for the Kraft singles. Get yourself some quality cheese and you wont regret it. I recommend Sargento Provolone or Colby Pepper Jack.

3. Put the cheesed bread into the toaster oven and toast to a medium crispiness. This will toast the bread and provide a nice melt to the cheese.

4. Fry an egg  (in butter). Make sure you don’t go skinny on the butter. Butter has been around for a long time and it is good. That being said, I prefer my eggs to be over-medium so that the egg yoke spreads throughout the entire sandwich, but it’s ok if you like your eggs a little more well done. 





5. As your egg continues to fry, drop your choice of meat into the skillet. Turkey, chicken or ham, I have tried them all and they are all delicious. Turkey and chicken actually pair really well together; ham is more of a stand-aloner. 



6. Allow your egg and meat to simmer. Take your cheesy bread and put it on a plate. Add your meat. Add your egg (as your sandwich comes to life, this is where a runny egg really helps add flavor throughout the sandwich).



7. Eat thy sandwich. 


-Will

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This looks so yummy!

Jenn said...

Wow, this is number one son's favourite sandwich... exactly.

Although he manages to make more of a mess than you do :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

Hahahaha! Oh Will is so funny! This sounds just like what my husband would write. And hilariously enough, my husband and one of his best friends have a favorite sandwich that is nearly identical to Will's... the only difference is that they add lots of Franks Hot Sauce, but then they eat that on pretty much everything, haha! Kudos to Will for all the initiative with creating the world's greatest sandwich AND blogging about it! :)

Melissa Jo said...

LOVE his descriptions of the steps. TOO cute, and seriously though? THis looks delicious. I may have to try this manwhich!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...