nav bar

Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

Chicken Chili

This chicken chili turned out much better than I thought it would. I have been trying to expand my archive of "throw it in the crock pot and leave" recipes and this was one I found on Pinterest. I decided to "alter" the original recipe a little just because I'm not a fan of cream cheese. I substituted the cream cheese for Velveeta...and once I had it all in the crock pot I started second-guessing my decision because it just looked weird. I told Will to prepare to have take-out that night because I didn't think the chili was going to come out like I had thought. Much to my surprise, the crock pot worked its magic and the chili was great. It would be good on some tortillas or as a dip too!




Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn kernels, do not drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t onion powder

8 oz cream cheese (I used 16 oz Velveeta)

Put the chicken in the crock pot.
Top with the tomatoes, corn,
the drained and rinsed beans,
ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders,
stir to combine then top with the cream cheese (or Velveeta).
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice
 to blend in the cheese.
Shred the chicken into large pieces
and serve over rice.
Can also serve in tortillas or taco shells.
Serves 4

via


Enjoy!
post signature

2 comments:

The Sequined Spaniel said...

Did you enter this in the cookoff? It sounds really good! I may be trying it soon.

luckys said...

gta5apk.buzz
I have a video walkthrough of the next project I created to go with the first mini album I created using Carta Bella's "Let's Travel" paper collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...