nav bar

Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Recap- Popper Party

We had another great weekend that included time spent with some of our greatest friends. Although I didn't get any pictures of our "popper party" (grrr), it was so much fun and will be a great memory for years to come! 

Friday:

I had a beautiful view on the drive home from work on Friday. It definitely made all the traffic a little more tolerable.


FINALLY got some photos behind our window hanging in the laundry room! If you didn't see the post about our colored powder photo sesh, check it out here.

Remi and I enjoyed getting the space heater out of the attic and vegetating in front of it for a while.

Saturday:

We cleaned, cleaned, cooked, and cleaned some more. We were so exhausted Saturday night, but it was SO worth it. On top of trying to get our house spotless and everything cooked for our friends who came over on Saturday night, we (and by we, I mean WILL) were in the middle of re-doing our bathroom. Whew! I was tired just from watching him work so hard on that bathroom! That will be another post for another day.
So you may be asking yourself, "What is a popper party?!" Let me fill you in. Remember when I mentioned that Will killed a deer a few weeks ago? (still so sad) He and his friends have always loved making "deer poppers" or "duck poppers." And while I don't care for venison, I must say, these things are pret-ty good. Will and I had a popper assembly line going between the two of us on Saturday and got them ready to grill in record time. A popper consist of a small piece of meat, add a jalapeno, wrap it in bacon, and stick it with a toothpick. Oh and marinade. And then grill to perfection. We made close to (if not more than) 200 poppers!
Also on the menu for Saturday night was venison/deer chili (both spicy and regular), banana bread cookies, Chili's copycat salsa, apple dumplingscheesy bacon oven chips, and a delicious fudge pie that our friends brought--still warm from the oven--YUM.
We had old and new friends there and it just made me think of how thankful I am for all of them. I have written before about how I prayed and prayed for other "newly married" friends after Will and I got married and God has definitely answered my prayers.

Sunday:
Another wonderful Sunday at ICC and evening with our small group!
Our afternoon was full of R&R!

And this morning I woke up to this:

Needless to say, it was hard to get out of bed this morning!
Happy Thanksgiving Week!!


post signature

2 comments:

Jordan Smith said...

Just found your blog via the blog hop & I LOVE it!! That window frame is so great! I'm going to have to do something similar soon. Glad you had a great weekend!

The Sweetest Thing said...

Such a sweet photo of your husband and dog! I LOVE that old window frame decor - adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...